Four Fulfillment Tips to Better Your Customer Relationships, From a Lead Generation Perspective
By Miray Tand, Director of Fulfillment
When executed with care, fulfillment sets the stage for future customer relationships.
You’ve met with a new customer, explained the basic expectations of your fulfillment process, and you’re in the process of delivering on your solutions. Good enough? Sure, the bare minimum can keep your customer promises and may even leave your customer satisfied with your service. But going above and beyond to delight the customer throughout the fulfillment process will lead to a stronger relationship and make your job easier in the long run.
With the right mindset and a focus on consistent communication, you can turn fulfillment into an opportunity to develop a lasting relationship with your customers.
Four strategies you should implement in your fulfillment process:
1. Communicate with the customer.
Create trust by checking in throughout the entire process in a way that promotes transparency.
- Have regular check-ins.
- Be honest and open.
- Don’t be afraid to discuss poor or limited channel segments.
- Let them know which programs are most successful and which didn’t perform as well.
2. Discuss all the different methods of running a program.
Help the customer most efficiently deliver and fulfill their programs by running it alongside the best method, including:
- Email marketing
- Website or landing pages
- Content marketing
3. Suggest improvements or additional ways to run a program that will lead to any of the following:
- Improving the quality of leads
- Increasing the number of leads
- Improving strategy effectiveness
4. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Customers may not realize they didn’t provide you with all the details needed for a successful launch. Ask for clarity! They will appreciate your willingness to understand their needs and what they’re hoping to achieve from your program. This shows that you genuinely want to run the program successfully to deliver the highest lead quality (e.g., Are there pacing requirements? Can the program be front-loaded? What are the flight dates?).
Open communication throughout the fulfillment process is key to establishing an authentic relationship with your customers and delivering the best possible experience.